The Camera Club will be taking its annual Fall Field Trip to Whitkow on Saturday, Sept. 22nd.
We will travel as a convoy on HWY 16 to Denholm and turn onto HWY 687. Bring your lunch! Cold beverages will be available for purchase. Whitkow is a ghost town north of North Battleford. There is a church, a grain elevator and other old buildings. We will return via HWY 40 & 12 with stops in Hafford and Krydor. Both towns have beautiful Ukrainian Catholic Churches. Krydor is also an interesting ghost town. Other highlights on the return trip could include a stop at the mural in Blaine Lake and the Petrofka Orchard. Images taken on this trip are eligible for submission to the Fall Field Trip competition.
Jessica Dyok is your Fall Field Trip Coordinator.
What you need to know:
- Dress warmly! Weather forecast is cloudy and cold. 5C. 😊
- Fuel up. There are limited services along the route.
- Meet at the Husky Gas Station, by the flag pole at 9:30 a.m.
- 315 Marquis Dr, Saskatoon, SK
- We will head out as a convoy by 10:00 a.m.
- A map is attached for your convenience. There will be a sign to indicate where to turn in the event you are separated from the group.
- Plan to drive straight to Whitkow as the Church will be opened for club members from noon til 2 pm only.
- Plan to car pool! This is an opportunity to meet fellow club members!
- Bring a lunch. There are no services in Whitkow.
- There will be cold beverages and some snacks available for purchase from your social convener.
- Bring a lawn chair to sit on while we eat our lunch in Whitkow.
- When we are finished in Whitkow we will head back to Saskatoon via HWY 40 & 12. We plan to stop in Hafford, Krydor and the Petrofka Orchard. There are other interesting roadside stops we may want to take along this route.
Leave Husky Gas Station and head West on Highway 16
Turn Right onto 687North at Denholm
Continue onto 378 North