The Reflections of Nature Art Show is on October 26-28, 2018 at Prairieland Park, Hall C. Workshops, competitions and much more!
NEW FOR 2018
– Artist Trading Card (ATC) display (display your card for the show & receive someone else’s card after). The artists do not have to be here; they can simply mail in their card with a self addressed stamped envelope (Canadian postage) to return a card in.
– Discount rates are available if you are entering more than 5 pieces
More information: www.ReflectionsArt.ca
COMPETITION GUIDE & REGISTRATION FORM
The complete Competition Guide is available online: www.ReflectionsArt.ca/CompetitionGuide
Download the registration form: www.ReflectionsArt.ca/EntryForm
Registration: October 25 from noon – 8 pm
TEN WORKSHOPS – EARLY BIRD RATE AVAILABLE UNTIL SEPT 30
Fees for workshops start at $35
– Paverpol – full day
– Pumpkin Carving – half day
– Carving Otter Letter Opener (half day)
– Camera Doesn’t Get the Last Word (Photoshop) – half day
– Macro Photography – half day
– Painting with Plasticine – half day
– Wire Tree of Life – half day
– Needle Felting a Penguin – half day
– Pyrography with Colour – half day
– You be the Judge (Critiquing Art) – half day
Register for workshop to get the early bird rate by Sept 30.
More info on workshops: www.ReflectionsArt.ca/Workshops
NEW PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
– Special Competition #1
Our Backyard Photography – 2018 Theme: Living Skies
$100 for 1st and $75 for 2nd
Special Competitions (all have prize money):
1 – Our Backyard Photography
2 – discontinued – looking for new ideas
3 – Nature Stamp Photography
4 – Nature Stamp Painting & Drawing
5 – Cocktail Glass Carvings
6 – Poster Competition – members only – either 2 or 3D
7 – Wildlife in Action Photography Challenge
8 – Carved Cane or Walking Stick
9 – Upcycled into Art
More info on Special Competitions: www.ReflectionsArt.ca/Special Competitions
We will once again have the slideshow showing member’s photography set up in a quiet corner so visitors have a chance to relax and unwind. Join the Saskatchewan Wildlife Art Association to be included in this show.
About the Slideshow: www.ReflectionsArt.ca/Slideshow
Join the Association:http://saskwildlifeart.com/Members
GALA OPENING – Friday, Oct 26 from 7:15 – 10ish
The Gala Opening includes both live and silent auctions. The auctions are “artist friendly” which means that artists can establish a minimum bid when they bring in their work at registration Oct 25. If you have something you want to have included in the auction and if you let us know by Sept 30, we will include it in the Show Booklet and on the website. Pieces are to be brought in during registration on Oct 25 – Note: you do not have to pre=register to be included in auctions.
Gala Auction items:www.ReflectionsArt.ca/GalaAuction
Gala Opening: www.ReflectionsArt.ca/GalaOpening
YOU HAVE ART – BUT DON’T WANT TO COMPETE?
Artists who do not want to compete can rent a display tower or a table for the weekend – prices start at $55
Artists can also rent a booth to display and sell their work – prices start at $150 for single booth
SUPPORT THE SHOW THROUGH SPONSORSHIPS
Help us keep this show viable by becoming a sponsor – we happily accept sponsorship with packages starting as low as $25. We will have online payment options available online by the end of this week.
SUPPORT THE SHOW BY VOLUNTEERING
This show is entirely volunteer based and we are always looking for more help that weekend. Let us know if you would like to help out by contacting me (Beth Campbell).
JOIN THE SASKATCHEWAN WILDLIFE ART ASSOCIATION
– it only costs $30 per year for a single member or an entire family (all living at same address)
– receive discounts when entering Reflections competitions
– enter “members only” competitions & displays at Reflections (Photo slideshow & Poster competition)
– participate with the association at a variety of venues throughout the year including Sundog, The Collector Show, Wild about Wildlife Show, Sports & Leisure Show and at the Exhibition
– join us and have fun at events planned for the upcoming year which include a Steak Night (or similar fundraiser), our Christmas Brunch, Potluck & Paint Night and our annual Picnic & BBQ
– join other artists at our June Art Sale – Impressions of Nature
– have your own web page on the association website
– help us organize Reflections
More information: www.ReflectionsArt.ca
THAT IS ALL I CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW
Sorry this email is so long, but I wanted to include everything and only bother you with one email. If you have any questions about the show or our association do not hesitate to contact me.
From Beth Campbell
Chair, Reflections of Nature
President, Saskatchewan Wildlife Art Association