We will be taking a road trip to North Battleford to check out the Western Development Museum and other local sites. The route home will take us through Hafford and Blaine Lake to visit the Crooked Bush and Saskatchewan’s largest tree.
- Meet at the Best Western Harvest Inn (1715 Idylwyld Drive North) at 9am on Sunday, Sept 15th
- Carpool to North Battleford
- Take some scenic photos along the way including the Borden Bridge
- Meet at the WDM in North Battleford around 11am ($9 for adults)
- Eat in North Battleford around 1pm
- Check out other sites around North Battleford including the Sask Hospital, Finlayson Island, Duck Pond (might be hundreds of geese here at this time of year), River Overlook, Battle River Train Bridge
- Head East on Hwy 40 to Hafford
- Stop at the Crooked Bush (Turn North a few miles before Hafford). Watch for signs.
- Check out the Ukrainian Churches of Hafford
- Head East to Blaine Lake
- Head South on Hwy 12
- Visit Saskatchewan’s Biggest Tree (look for Tree Road)
- Visit the old Gas Station just past the bridge (great for light painting)
- Go home!