2009 ANNUAL DIGITAL COMPETITION
September 30th – CAPA Individual and Family members
PRIZES! PRIZES! PRIZES!
This competition is open to CAPA Individual and Family members in good standing ONLY, who are permanent Canadian residents at the close of the competition! All submissions will be automatically validated against our Membership database.
All entries must be submitted electronically no later than Midnight (Pacific Standard Time ? GMT-8:00) September 30th, 2009 using the following link: http://www.digitalcapacanada.ca/ Participants may submit images as often as they wish, replacing their previous entries until the final deadline of the competition.
This year’s topic is: Windows and Doors. Each participant can submit 2 digital slide entries. A digital slide is a photograph produced using any of the following: a digital camera; a scanned film slide or negative; or a scanned print. Entries can be enhanced, edited and/or manipulated in Adobe Photoshop or other similar software. Digital illustrations must have originated from a photograph as proof may be requested. Prizes must be accepted as offered. No exchanges. No monetary offers or award substitutions.
First Prize: Sony α330L Digital SLR Kit w/DT 18-55 f3.5-5.6 SAM Zoom Lens; Lowepro Nova 200 AW Camera Bag; Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod w/486RC2 Ball Head; Adobe Photoshop CS4
Second Prize: Sony Cyber-shot DSCH20 10.1MP Digital Camera w/10x Optical Zoom; Lowepro Nova 170 AW Camera Bag; Photoflex 32” Multidisc 5-in-1 w/Carry Bag; Adobe Lightroom 2.
Third Prize: Sony Cyber-shot DSCW270B 12.1MP Digital Camera w/5x Optical Zoom; Lowepro Nova 140 AW Camera Bag; 2 Boxes Hahnemühle Bamboo 290 Fine Art Paper; Adobe Lightroom 2
In addition, ten (10) CAPA Honour Award Certificates will be awarded.
With proper credits to the photographer and a reference to the CAPA 2009 Annual Digital Competition Prize, winners give CAPA and Sony of Canada the right to publish their winning photograph in Canadian Camera and on the CAPA Website, and use them at any CAPA and Sony exhibition, publication, promotional or educational event. Entry into this competition implies acceptance of the above practice, unless refused in writing by notifying the Chair of this competition. CAPA recommends that the photographer obtain a model release for presentation and publication purposes, prior to submitting an entry, and have these available if requested. In case of legal challenge, the photographer agrees to hold CAPA and Sony of Canada harmless, and assume all liability or injury that may arise from entry into this competition. Photographers retain all creative rights to their art.
How to Prepare and Submit your Entries – Format and Labeling
Use the following guidelines in preparing your digital slides for entry:
• High quality JPEG (use a quality setting of 90% or better).
• Images should be in the proper orientation for viewing; it will be viewed as submitted.
• Image width shall not exceed 1024 pixels, with a height of no more than 768 pixels. Images that exceed these dimensions will be automatically resized. To maintain the highest quality, all editing should be done at maximum resolution and files should be saved using a lossless format, like TIFF or PSD. Only once editing is complete should you resize and save to the JPEG format.
Please review the image prior to submitting it, to make sure it appears the way you intended it to.
• Winners and Honourable Mentions may be asked to provide a higher quality image for printing in CAPA’s quarterly magazine Canadian Camera.
• Files are to be named according to the CAPA naming convention: Title of Image-Name of Photographer.jpg (i.e. Rideau Canal-John Smith.jpg). Titles will not be shown prior to, or during judging, so as not to influence the process.
1. Digital slide images must be submitted electronically on or before midnight on the date of the submission deadline (September 30th), using the 2009 Annual Digital Competition link http://www.digitalcapacanada.ca/ E-mail and regular mail entries will NOT be accepted, and will NOT be returned.
2. Your NEW (i.e. 28999) Individual or Family membership number is required, as well as a valid E-mail address, to register and upload your images. The software will generate a unique password, which you must use anytime you wish to log back in. Your E-mail address will be used to send you a message with your password, should you forget or misplace it. Past participants can use their authentication from previous years.
3. Once registered, you can login as often as you wish to change, rename or delete your entries, right up to the final competition deadline.
Competition Chair: Jacques S. Mailloux Jacques@CAPACanada.ca (613) 834-1165